Monday, March 30, 2015

Serena Williams won again

In the American derby the world number one Serena Williams proved the endpoint of the path of the 15 years old Catherine Bellis. The defending her title champion Serena won with 6:1, 6:1 over the participating with "wild card" tennis player from San Francisco. The match lasted in only 41 minutes, and Bellis, called by the Yankees Sissy, managed to win by submission once in each set.

"I remember nothing of my matches against the best when I was 15. That was before more than a century - Williams joked after the game. - But I remember when I played against Steffi and Monica, it was amazing. But I didn`t play when I was 15 years professionally, because I was not so good. I think I was still in the school at that age. "

In the eight-finals the seven-time champion in Miami will face Svetlana Kuznetsova from Russia, who has eliminated Angelique Kerber from Germany with 6:3, 3:6, 6:3. Serena leads with 7-2 wins in the direct duels with the former No2 in the world.

The young Swiss Belinda Bencic beat one of the surprises in the tournament - the German qualifier Tatiana Maria with 6:4, 7:5.

Has ended her involvement the fifth placed Ana Ivanovic. The Serbian beauty retreated to the No27 Sabine Lisicki from Germany with 6:7 (4) 5:7. Lisicki will play the eight finals against No11 Sara Errani, who beat the Spanish Garbine Muguruza after 4:6, 6:4, 6:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment